Tue, Aug 18|
Mobile Home Launch Event
The first of a monthly educational series for mobile home residents hosted virtually by CPLP and 9to5 Colorado. The series will focus on education about Colorado’s mobile home laws and raising awareness of resources for legal advocacy.
Time & Location
Aug 18, 2020, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM MDT
About the Event
This series is offered as part of CPLP’s new Mobile Home Initiative (MHI) in partnership with Adams County, 9to5 Colorado, and CoCoMHO. CPLP is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that provides community education and attorney training on housing law topics and access to legal representation for low-income individuals facing eviction and other housing issues through our network of volunteer attorneys.
Schedule for the Launch Event is as follows:
1. 6:00-6:30 pm: CPLP and 9to5 will provide information about each organization and the series.
2. 6:30-7:15 pm: CPLP will host a “Know Your Rights” presentation on the Mobile Home Park Act amendments signed into law on June 30, 20203. 7:15-7:30 pm: Q&A session
3. Four additional evening events will be scheduled once a month in Fall 2020. Other event dates and topics TBD. At the Launch Event, 9to5 Colorado will complete polling of topics to cover at the other events.
4. All are welcome to attend. Spanish interpretation will be offered and the visual “Know Your Rights” presentation will be translated into both English and Spanish.
5. You can register at https://9to5.org/mh-enforce-ed/ or by contacting CPLP or 9to5.
After registering, you will receive instructions on how to join either by Zoom video meeting or by phone.
We look forward to seeing you there!